COPALTITE High Temperature Sealant is available in two forms:
Copaltite Liquid is used for threaded connections and machined surfaces. It is a smooth paste that is easily spreadable. Although normally used without gaskets, Copaltite Liquid makes an excellent gasket dressing. The Liquid form is available in a 1 quart can or a 5 ounce tube.
Copaltite Cement is for rough surfaces, warped flanges or unfinished parts. It is a thick paste with a coarse texture which allows for it to fill gaps in scored, uneven surfaces. Copaltite Cement is also used as a injection tool grooving compound. The Cement form is available in a 1 quart can or a 5 ounce tube.
1. Effective in temperature range from -315° F to 1500° F.
2. Cures quickly when heat of at least 300° F is applied.
3. Possesses Anti-seize properties for very high temperature applications.
4. Low shrinkage and coefficient of expansion.
5. Easy separation of joints after extended use at extremely high temperature and/or pressure.
6. Resists most chemicals. COPALTITE High Temperature Sealant is used on lines containing steam, ammonia, hydrocarbons, refrigerants, hydraulic fluids, propane, brine, acids, and mild alkalis.
7. Adheres to metals, ceramics, rubber and most plastics.
8. Withstands severe vibrations and thermal shock.
1. Clean surfaces with solvent and dry thoroughly. Apply COPALTITE High Temperature Sealant by coating both surfaces lightly. A thin coat gives best results. Close and tighten the joint.
2. Heat is necessary to set up copaltite. When the joint is to hold high pressures at elevated temperatures, heat should be applied without pressure until the copaltitle has set up. Above 300℉ set up requires approximately 15 minutes - lower temperatures up to 4 hours.
3. To remake joints, remove hardened copaltite with a wire brush and alcohol. Apply fresh copaltite.