About the Air filter BR110:
Hydraulic reservoirs “breathe” air in and out as the oil level rises and falls. This circulating air contains particles and moisture that can cause corrosion, increase equipment wear and reduce fluid performance. In typical systems, the internal hydraulic fluid is warmer than the external environment. This difference in temperatures causes water vapor to form. Breathers protect your hydraulic system by filtering out damaging moisture and particles.
More than 25% of the samples sent to the Eaton Fluid Analysis Laboratory for analysis have significant water contamination. In an operating system, the H20-gate Vent Breather creates a moisture barrier when there is a 5°F (2°C) difference between reservoir and ambient temperature and when there is a 10% per minute exchange of air volume above the fluid. The Mobile-gate breather is smaller in size but is also 1/4 the size and 1/2 the capacity of the H20-gate. These temperature and air flow conditions are present in most hydraulic systems which employ a cylinder.
The features of Air filter BR110:
• Visual Mechanical Indicator: Actuates when particles have blocked the media, before the pump cavitates.
• Proprietary Media: Reduces dew point temperature to prevent condensation and is 99.7% efficient in blocking particles 3µ and larger.
• Reversible Flow Through Media: Allows for moisture to exit the reservoir.
• Media contains oil attractant layer to collect and return oil splashes.
• Easy Installation: Lightweight design can be hand tightened onto adapter.
• Durable Plastic Housing: Protects the media from external splashing.
• Superior breather filters both moisture and particles from air.
• Effective up to 121°C (250°F)
• Rated up to 25 SCFM